Friday, September 10, 2010

On the Ground

After almost 24 hours of driving, flights, waiting and airline food we have safely arrived in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. We arrived here at 11:00pm (3:00pm Iowa time) Thursday night and traveled to a Catholic guesthouse where we caught up on sleep for the night.

This morning we ate breakfast and began our drive to Morogoro. On the way we saw a family of Baboons crossing the road (I thought to myself I would have much rather hit one of these then the deer that I did on Sunday). The rest of the drive was spent taking in the beautiful Tanzanian scenery.

After around a 3 hour drive we arrived at the Lutheran Junior Seminary. It is hard to believe that this is what I will call home for the next three months- it is so beautiful and peaceful!






Above are photos of the Lutheran Junior Seminary :)

Take care- michael

No comments:

Post a Comment